Making equality a reality in all areas for all women and men across the world.
Equality between Women and Men
Women and men are human beings, characterized by having the same rational nature (intelligence and will-freedom). Hence, women and men are essentially equal and have exactly the same rights.
What we mean by equality:
Cooperation to have the right mix between women and men in all areas and particularly at work,
- Co-responsibility in the parenthood,
- Respect for women and men specificities,
Making the above-mentioned equality a reality in all areas for all women and men across the world is our vision.
We want to shift from the existing opposition between man and woman, the sole awareness raising of problems and rights reclamation to communication, mutual understanding, respect, cooperation and practical solutions.
To develop into a global network promoting existing concrete initiatives and projects around the better inclusion of all women and men in society.
To emerge as a think tank by realising multidisciplinary research connecting universities, public authorities, corporations and non-profit associations to achieve an inclusive society in practice.
Training & Education Hub
To mature into the promotion and/or creation of training programmes (collective and individuals, for corporations and educational centers) on an inclusive society.
Achieve a culture of collaboration between men and women in their professional and private life in a society in transition. Thereby, we inspire new ideas, openness and adaptation to change as well as constructive projects across the world and we shift into a collaborative culture in society. In addition, our mission is to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, (SDGs ) and more specifically, the SDG 5: “to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls”.
Our 5 objectives interacts with each other. Indeed Pillar one aims at changing the mentality in relation to the women at work. This means an evolving private life where the partners are called to be co-responsible in the private sphere as well as in the professional field. The change of mentality and of life will enhance well-being at work and at home as well as the capacity and the willingness for the women to take part in decision-making process and promote specific policies.
Enhance Education and Research
- Enhance multidisciplinary research.
- Create and boost training modules for corporations, schools, public sector and associations.
- Mentoring and coaching , i.e., coach the Men Bosses of the Mothers.
- Role Model Database and service
Professional Life-Enhance Gender Equality at Work
- Make work-life balance a reality.
- Create a culture of mutual understand ding between women and men.
- Empower women in leadership.
- Empower women to become entrepreneur.
Private Life - Co-Responsibility in the Parenthood
- Define the changing role of motherhood and fatherhood.
- Enhance effective communication between women and men at home.
- Prevent domestic violence for women and men.
- Enhance the contribution to society of the Stay at home Mother or the Stay at Home Father.
Promote Specific Policies
- Increase the participation of girls in STEM industries across the world.
- Steer digital literacy and digital transformation among women of all ages, life situation.
- Empower women on sustainable development themes, particularly in developing countries.
- Steer Women awareness and action on sustainable development issues.
Women in Politics
- Increase the participation of women in politics
- Create a gender inclusive environment in the political sphere
- Increase transparency and promote a gender equality code of conduct for political parties
Act on Education
Measure Diversity in the Workplace to show its socio-economy value
GWMH is an ASBL under Belgian Law.
The association is governed by a General Assembly.
The General Assembly has full powers to achieve the goals and activities of the association.
In particular, the following points are reserved to its competence:
- amendment of the statutes;
- the appointment and dismissal of the directors and, if applicable, the commissioners;
- approval of budgets and annual accounts;
- discharge to the directors and, where applicable, to the commissioners;
- voluntary dissolution of the association;
- membership and exclusion of a member;
- adoption of the Board internal rules;
- The definition of types of members.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors has all the powers of management and administration, subject to the powers of the General Assembly. It may delegate day-to-day management to its chairman, and / or to one or more director (s) or to one or more agents whose powers it will determine. The association is administered by a Board of Directors composed of a minimum of 3 members.
The Current Board
Luc Castan, BE
Executive, Digital catalyst, IT & Business, President
Michaela Jamelska, Cz
Director Global Business Operations, Unmanned Life
Nathalie Timmerman, BE
Hr & English teacher, Certified Coach
Colette Veys, BE
PR and Public Affairs Communication
Benoît Rihoux, BE
Full Professor in Political Science, University of Louvain, Belgium
Isabelle de Hénin, BE
Gilles Gilet, BE
Business Booster for SMEs
Luigi Della Sala, IT
Proposal Drafter and Coordinator, Treasurer
Raffaella Folgieri, IT
Assistant Professor and Researcher, Universita degli Studi, Milano
Christine Marlet, BE
Secretray General, ATIEL
INSPIRE – CONNECT – EMPOWER
Charter of Fundamental Values
The principles and values of Global Wo.Men Hub are:
Collaboration, Partnership, Collegiality
“Collegiality” is a shared authority and responsibility between two or more people who work together.
Strict rigorous scientific research and integrity in the actions.
Listening and respect for the opinion of the other members, mostly in case of disagreement.
No one in the hub may be discriminated for his/her opinions and/or convictions and/or corporate policy as well as for his way of living and/or life situation.
Each single member thinks by him/herself and express his/her thinking without fear. Having debates where contradictory opinions may be expressed without backlash will lead to constructive solutions.
Every single member is responsible for the research and projects that he /she carries out; ideas and results that he/she promotes orally and in written under the umbrella of the Hub.
From the European Women Forum to the Global Wo.Men Hub
Creation of a New Brand Networking
Brainstorming Document Draft Strategic Action Plan
234 Stakeholders Contacted
35 Written Responses
Physical Workshop Agreement on Vision-Mission and Objectives
Name changed into Global Wo.Men Hub
Statutes amended 4 working groups set up
Start of the working Group Activities